Counts and amounts

Tryg Helseth trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Mon Mar 13 11:41:33 CET 1995

Wes Andersen counting US listers and Beagle numbers:

>Pick any number, multiply by 2, add 32, divide by three and a half and add
>four. Sevens every time!  (I believe Barks used a similar formula to calculate the
>Beagle Boys' numbers.)

Hmmmm...  I think you may have left a step out there...  shouldn't you
multply by zero and add severn?  :)   As for the beagles, has anyone ever
found significance the the digits 1, 6, and 7?  Any idea why Barks honed in
on those numbers?  I wonder if it isn't a private joke of Unca Carls, like
an old street address or something.  BTW, my favorite Beagle was 176-671; I
always liked his symetrical number.  (Can such a number be a called a
palindrome, or does that only apply to words?)

Don Rosa on counts and attention span:

>	No, No... Mr.Doberman [...] said there were only *4* American readers
> on-line here [...] 8 American readers of Disney comics > TOTAL, on-line or
> not.  other words, he's exaggerating (slightly). He's kidding. S'only a joke.

And I thought he said there were 7 total...must be my short attention span
after all!

>	You did seem to accept his comments about what short attention spans
>Americans have and what poor writers/readers we are without questioning those
>remarks. But then, that was no exaggeration, was it?  I see your point.

Now I think you're confusing my short attention span with someone elses; I
don't remember commenting on Americans as poor writers/readers, but then if
you say I made a good point, I'll be happy to take credit for it.  :)

Tryg Helseth  <trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu>   Minneapolis, MN, USA
          or  <tryg.helseth at tstation.com>

"I wish they all could be Calisota Ducks!"  -the Beach Drakes