Looking for Dana Gabbard

deckerd@agcs.com deckerd at agcs.com
Wed Mar 29 17:54:17 CEST 1995

Sorry to bother you good folks with this, but does anybody
have the real-world address of Duckburg Times publisher Dana
Gabbard? I want to send him a copy of an article that appeared
in the 1/95 issue of Sky & Telescope that explains the
background of the DD 10-pager in WDC&S #81 (1947) that Donald
Ault apparently missed completely in the essay in Donald Duck
Adventures #5 (album). That is, it's not symbolic projection
of fears of atomic doom (that even Barks himself has said he
had no such thing in mind) but a very real reference to US Army
experiments with captured German V-2 missiles in White Sands,
New Mexico after the war. The Sky & Telescope article includes
a quote from Clyde Tombaugh, the discoverer of the planet
Pluto and now in his 80s, talking about monitoring the V-2
tests and describing the impact craters they made -- and it's a
perfect description of a couple of the panels in the Barks story.
Anyway, I wanted to send this to Gabbard, but seem to have
misplaced his address...

Thanks--

Dwight Decker