The Stamp Act

Jørgen Andreas Bangor jorgenb at ifi.uio.no
Thu Mar 30 18:57:25 CEST 1995

The Stamp Act
-------------

     DAVE R.: Really good! I like this one. It is an exciting
story from the start to the end, and there is a lot of small
funny episodes there.
     The mystery, although seeming impossible to solve, has a
very simple solution. The way Mickey found it, and how he
proved who did it was really clever. It reminds me a bit about
a (Italian, I think) story from the mid-seventies, BTW. In this
story an old relative of Goofy prevents a stamp from being stolen
by putting it on a letter, then putting a bigger stamp over it
and puts it in the mail.
     The story in itself is good enough, but what I really like
about this story (and "Tour de Jour") is all the work you put
into the one-shot characters. These persons aren't just a face
and a name, but "real" persons, and that also makes the story
much more interesting, because the solution of the mystery in't
only based on what the characters look like (In a Paul Murry
story, f.ex., you can usually see at once who is the bandit),
and what they do, but how they feel about different things.
     I liked the gag at the ending too. It seems right too,
that one of the cats would be very weak. If they were both
strong they couldn't have been together like these two cats,
twin brothers or not.

   Jorgen