Disney-comics digest #651.

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Tue May 2 06:43:00 CEST 1995

>JON CATO:

        What? Some readers thought the $crooge in chapter 11 was the one I
was making too much like a super-hero? Why on earth would anyone think
that??? After chapter 8 and 9 I never show $crooge exhibiting greater than
normal strength or agility. After that he's getting old and feebler. And you
say the same about "the latest" chapter? What -- 12??? That's even odder...
in that chapter I mostly show him as acting like an the octagenarian he was
in 1947. 'Splain to me whatcher talkin' about.
        The coloring of the "destruction" sequence in chapter 8 made you
think it was like old photos of the event? Yowtch! The the OPPOSITE effect
as what I planned. I wanted the weird coloring to make it seem more
dreamlike or something.
        And the ocean on the map of Alaska is labelled "ATLANTIC"? YOW!!!!!
I'll sure make a note to have that changed for the reprint!!!!! THANKS!
Nobody else has caught that!