Disney-comics digest #658.

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Wed May 10 06:46:00 CEST 1995

DAVID:
        I think the place you read about my "Lo$" being turned into a
feature-length DUCKTALES cartoon was in that HERO article -- and I don't
think there's a shred of truth in it.
        But even if it was, I'd have no reason to call Disney, nor they me.
Disney has the right to do whatever they wish with any of my stories without
permission or royalties... and I doubt that they'd have any interest in me
being involved. "Original author"? Remember that Disney officially considers
Disney to be the original author on any licensed character stories, even
those done for other companies. They probably consider that acknowledging
otherwise would set a dangerous legal precedent... the same reason they
won't allow freelance artists to have posession of their own art. And to get
involved in what DUCKTALES would want to do to the "Lo$" would only make me
crazy.
        But it's only a wacky rumor, anyway.