Scrooge items

Steve Crooks scrooks at tyrell.net
Mon May 22 14:08:58 CEST 1995

My wife picked up a few Scrooge items for me this weekend that were
interesting.

She got two postcards, both made by Printing Studio AG, 8802 Kilchberg/Zurich.
They are in what is called "Toppan Top Stereo".  One shows Scrooge carrying a
small tree into a bank while two Beagle Boys peek anxiously around the corner.
It's printed in a 3D process so that it looks multilayered.  Anybody know where
this scene is from?  It's very obviously the true, comic-book Scrooge, and the
way it's colored makes it look like it's from a painted source.  On the back,
the caption is "Donald Duck & Villains", which gave me quite a laugh.

The other postcard shows Scrooge, in a blue coat, waving a wand over a hat.
It's printed using the process where, depending on how you hold it, you see one
of two scenes.  In one scene he's waving the wand over an empty hat, and the
other shows cash floating up out of the hat.  This scene looks more like it was
just made for the postcard.  On the back, the caption is "Scrooge, The Magician
of the...Finance".  Both cards are listed as being in "Toppan Top Stereo", even
though they were made using two different processes.

The other item she brought me is a stamp from the Grenada Grenadines.  It shows
Scrooge rowing a small row boat loaded with coins at one end, and a leak in the
side.  At the bottom right is a cartoon drawing on Ben Franklin's head.  Above
that are Franklin's words, "Beware of little expenses, a small leak will sink a
great ship."

--
--Steve Crooks                                             scrooks at tyrell.net
      "Consequences, shmonsequences, as long as I'm rich."  -- Daffy Duck