A forgotten topic.

Neal Kinney nkinney at netcom.netcom.com
Thu May 25 18:53:55 CEST 1995

At 12:36 PM 5/24/95 +0100, Fabio Gadducci wrote:

>Gosh, I forgot to mention also an answer to a very hot topic! Some time
>ago, Neal Kinney (right?) started a thread about the Beagles' numers. Well,
>first of all remember that they had completely different numbers in their
>first appearence. Anyway, we asked the question to Carl Barks himself the
>last time he was in Milan, and he said that the numbers meant NOTHING AT
>ALL. Ho chose those three cifres just because they looked quite different,
>and mixed them up in numbering the Beagles just for the fun of it.
>
>Sorry to spoil YOUR fun (trying to guess what old Unca Carl meant) but...

FABIO:  ...well, there goes a lifetime project down the tubes!  Convinced
that there HAD to be a secret behind the Beagle numbering, I was in the
process of reducing the digits to their lowest value: 1 + 7 + 6 = 14, 1 + 4
= 5, etc., to reveal their numerological "reading" while tracking Social
Security numbers beginning with 176 and using a "reverse telephone
directory" to check telephone prefixes and street addresses in small
Southern California towns.  Thank you for stopping me before I got too
deeply into autodialing area codes 716 (New York) and 617 (Massachusetts).
- Neal Kinney

P.S.  I don't suppose that there's any chance that Carl was doing a
"cover-up" to hide the fact that he had revealed the combination to his
Swiss bank deposit vault in Beagle numbers?