Alcohol, cigarettes, wolf-eating pigs...

daniel van eijmeren daniel at maisie.ow.nl
Mon May 29 08:23:38 CEST 1995

WHAT'S *NOT* BANNED?
====================

There's always a lot of talking about Disney banning stories or
subjects. Maybe we can also talk about published material that Disney
obviously "forgot" to ban. From Holland I have a few odd examples:

Is Daisy *smoking*? Well, on the cover of a 1970 Dutch Donald Duck
Weekly she's caught red-handed with a cigarette between her fingers...

Does Donald *drink*? On the the cover of a 1966 Dutch Donald Duck
Weekly he is caught with a huge glass of beer in his hands...

A Dutch 1977 parody (made by a Disney artist) tells the *last* story
of the Big Bad Wolf. But, while chasing the pigs once again, the Bad
Wolf *himself* gets roasted on a grill by the pigs.

In another 1977 parody (a gag, made by a Disney artist) Grandma tells
Gus she has a nice surprise in her bedroom... Gus thinks she wants to
have *sex* and runs into her bedroom undressed. But... he is wrong,
Grandma has only a big pie kept in her bedroom. (Hmmm, never saw Gus
so *active*.)

Is Holland the only country in which cases like this occured? Or are
there more countries? (Maybe parodies don't count, but I thought you
might like to know.) In an old digest I learned about a story in
which Mickey(?) tries to protect a child from child-abuse...

---Daniel 2