A few comments

Peter Coenen IGV039 at ZAM001.ZAM.KFA-JUELICH.DE
Tue May 30 08:38:00 CEST 1995

DON:
In just a few days your trip through Germany will begin-
great! But be prepared, there seems to be a real boom on
your comics right know, so you`ll have to expect MANY
fans
on your tour. They are publishing stories of yours in
almost every "Micky Maus" now, for example "Journey to the
Center of the Earth" in No. 16-18,"The Invader of Fort
Duckburg" in No. 19 and " The Son of the Sun" in No. 21-22.
BTW, I wonder why they`ve waited so long till they
published your
first story, perhaps they`ve done it now because of your
trip, although they didn`t mention it in the MM. The 5th of
the "Don Rosa" albums, containing "The Billionaire of Dismal
Downs", "The Invader of Fort Duckburg" and "Oolated Luck" is
out now,
too. There was even an article about Carl Barks, the German
"Barks Library" and you in the "Kino ( which means Movie) News",
which you can get free in every McDonald`s here.
I am currently re-reading all of my about 600 Disney-Comics now,
and yesterday I read "Micro Ducks From O.S.". I`m wondering
if you will make a story basing on this, as the Micros planned
to return to earth after 4 years or so.
I`m really looking forward to meet you in Cologne on June 8th!!
Have a good flight, and all the best for your trip.
DANIEL:
As you perhaps know there is a kind of a "Don Rosa Library"
published in Germany, but it "only" contains two or three
stories each; there are no additional texts like they are
the CBL and the stories are not in a chronological order.
The first six albums contain two LO$-chapters each and
mostly one shorter gag-story. I`m sure that they will
publish this or a similar edition in other countries in a
while, too. You wrote that you are looking for "Der
Fuehrer`s Face". If you should get it, could you please
inform me where you got it, and if the copyright laws
allow, send me a copy? And  you`re not the youngest on the
list, I think that`s me with 16 years.
ALL:
I sometimes read about post 1973 Barks stories, after he retired
from doing the scripts for the JW comics. If someone of you
should know more about that, please give me a short index of the
story codes, the title and the drawers. Thank you very much.

Danny Coenen
f.coenen at kfa-juelich.de

"You should`t have poured it on so thick, Louie! I think we`d
have been better off washing the dishes!"