Son of the sun, etc.

Daniel van Eijmeren daniel at maisie.ow.nl
Tue May 30 17:50:41 CEST 1995

DON:

> My first Duck story (my first professional comic work of ANY sort)
> was "The Son of the Sun", UNCLE $CROOGE #219, 1987.

I got that one at the end of last year. I've noticed that you're not
very content about this story, but I sure like that one. It was one
of the few comic-stories that made me really burst of laughter. That
final-gag was really a good joke! ("It's on the bottom of the lake.")
Why not content about the art? To me there's nothing wrong with it.

> Why confuse people with numbers? How would we all remember who "Dan
> 1" or "Dan 2" are? Why not use "Dan S." or Dan V.E.", or just use your
> actual full last name?

I've reached an agreement with Daniel Shane. From now on he uses
"Dan", so you can call me simply "Daniel" from now on.

> Oberon, as you know, can print stuff that Disney would NEVER allow
> in America any longer -- you just saw "Voodoo Hoodoo" is its
> original, uncensored form in Holland not too long ago.

Oke, it's uncensored, but it is still not the same as the original
version. As you see, the art is sometimes moved in the panels. That
really bothers me. So, I still haven't the original version of that
story. EVEN with having the complete CBL on my shelve!

---Daniel