violence

Jyrki Vainio spycke at freenet.hut.fi
Wed Nov 8 19:52:09 CET 1995

	Heyp, I'm a new member of this mailing list of yers.
	There was some chat about newly increased violence in
Disney comics. So far my greatest shock has been a story that was
published already few years ago: the Finnish title of the story
was "Todenpuhuja" - a straight translation would be "the Truth
Speaker". It was all about this marvelous bird which Scrooge
tried to catch for his zoo. The problem was that the bird read
Ducks' thoughts and so Donald and the assisting nephews found out
that Scrooge wasn't going to pay them their tiny earnings. Thus
one panel showed Donald and the nephews attacking Scrooge and in
the concluding panel Scrooge really had an black eye... The code
indicated that the story was from the Dutch publisher - and
luckily so, commented Egmont's editor-in-chief when I mentioned
this to him during his visit in Finland in 1994.
	Other point, which I don't know whether you have already
discussed about, is that Finland's Comic Society's magazine had
picked up an panel from a Danish Duck story that had FOUR nephews
in it. Does anyone know anything more?

					--- Jyrki Vainio ---
	...And to those who don't know what to think about my
name I can only quote the philosopher Ludwig Wittgenstein: "Don't
worry - I know you'll never get it".

P.S. Where could I get info about other comics-related mailing
lists? Is there some "list of lists" floating around somewhere in
the Net?