War of theWendigo

Cdoberman@aol.com Cdoberman at aol.com
Sat Nov 11 06:35:23 CET 1995

Arthur:

Thanks again for sending me the photocopies of "War of the Wendigo" and
emailing the English script.  I feel pretty lucky to be one of the few
Americans to read this story.  The copies were pretty good.  My only
challenge was holding the art in one hand, and the dialogue in the other hand
and glancing back and forth.  I felt like I was watching a tiny tennis match,
back and forth, back and forth.

DON:

I really enjoyed this story.  I just read Carl Barks original a few weeks
ago, so it was fun to get the sequel this quickly.  I guess it probably won't
ever be printed in the U.S., but thanks to the technological wizardry of this
mail list, I've been able to read a story I would have never even known about
otherwise.  My favorite moment was when the chief looked out on the lake and
said:
     "I fear there *are* no sturgeon!
     No bass or trout of *any* size!
     And the nightfall brings no singing
     of the whippoorwills or bullfrogs!
     None could stand the stinging waters,
     so they *left* us, to our sorrow!"
Gosh, that was sad.  (Kathy "Sentimental" Fitzpatrick, are you still out
there?)  It made me think of boating on Lake Placid a few years ago, and you
could see where the surrounding tree tops had been scorched by acid rain.
 Thanks for another great story.

And thanks again, Arthur, for getting it to me (& diologue via Daniel).

-- Wes

"Attention!  All Needy People!  Line up now for the Great Clothes Rush!"  --
Master of Ceremonies, Festival of the Poor