It's not as bad after all...

Arthur de Wolf wolfman at pi.net
Fri Nov 17 19:13:51 CET 1995

	DON:
	"It's rather distressing for  me  to  keep  hearing that the Dutch
artists disparage my work in public at Dutch conventions and such."
	I'm sorry, I didn't mean to distress you.  I think I was wrong for
the first time,  when I misinterpreted the  "Finally, the final chapter of
Life of Scrooge"-line in Donald Duck Extra #11. I think the Dutch publish-
ers are going to accept your artwork more and more.  It is true, that they
disparaged your work,  while I and Harry were talking to them at the Dutch
comic convention.  But it seemed though,  that they said all those things,
because they  were -thinking- you were stealing Barks ideas. They had just
heard of that Grandey-thing,  and wanted to 'protect' Barks, by saying you
stole all his ideas.  After that Harry and I made them clear that that was
NOT true. (!)  And at last, they 'confessed', that your artwork is getting
much better,  compared to the stories you did in the past.  They also said
that  your  story-lines  and plots are extremely good and are far superior
than  most  other Duck-stories.  They even asked us to mention a couple of
new stories  you made, so they could get them as soon as possible to print
them in the Donald Duck Extra.  We told them of the 'Lost Charts of Colum-
bus' and  'The Incredibly Shrinking Tightwad'.  The  guy,  to whom we were
talking, told us, that whenever they get a new Rosa-story, they immediate-
ly  give  it  to the director (or editor?) of the Donald Duck Extra, so he
can print it  as  the  first  story to be printed in the next issue. Isn't
that great? It's not as bad after all...
     ___
C:¥>aR|HUr