Collecting Disney comics from all the world

Hans-Christian Holm h.c.holm at notam.uio.no
Mon Nov 20 18:21:04 CET 1995

I'm new to this group, but it looks like a lot of you are interested in
what Disney comics are like in various countries. Is there anybody out
there actually collecting issues from all the world? I started this
hobby a couple of years ago, mainly as a result of my interest in
languages. In my opinion, reading Disney comics is THE best way to learn
a language if you want to be self-taught. Believe me, I've tried quite a
few other ways.

So far I have issues in Norwegian, Icelandic, English, Dutch, German,
Portuguese, Spanish, Romanian, Polish, Czech, Slovak, Russian, Greek,
Turkish, Arabic and Mandarin Chinese, but I'd like to have issues in
*all* available languages. I bought most of the issues when travelling
around myself, and some of them I asked friends to buy for me when they
went on holiday. I found the Arabic, Greek and Dutch issues in second
hand stores in Oslo!

But to get all languages, I guess I'll have to order them myself from
the publishers. I got a list of the major European editors from the
Norwegian publishing company, but they told me to ask Egmont Denmark (or
whatever they are called) for a complete list.

Before I do that, I'd like to hear from anybody with a similar interest,
and if anybody had experience with ordering issues from other countries.
Does anyone already have a complete list they can post here?

If there is any interest, I guess I can put a publisher list on the web.
I've searched the web, but found nothing.

HC

--
Hans-Christian Holm

Sivilarbeider/siv.ing.
Norsk nettverk for teknologi, akustikk og musikk
Postboks 1137 Blindern
0317 Oslo

E-post: hcholm at notam.uio.no
Tlf: 22 85 79 73/71