Nutmeg

Mattias Hallin Mattias.Hallin at jurenh.lu.se
Wed Nov 22 10:27:44 CET 1995

OK. This is way off topic, but here goes: Ross Russell, in his Charlie Parker
(you know -- the jazz musician?!) biography "Bird Lives" tells about how the
adolescent (early teens) Parker and a friend got high on coffee spiked with
nutmeg -- so much so, according to Russell, that they freaked out and stayed
away from home and school for several days. I *think* Russell also mentions
this coffee'n'nutmegs thing as a common poor man's/kids' drug of the period
(early/mid-thirties).

So, to get back *on* topic, Barks might have been having his li'l ol' private
joke with the censors at Western when he has $crooge drinking nutmeg tea, eh?

All my best to everyone!

/Mattias

**** Mattias Hallin ** Lund * Sweden ** <Mattias.Hallin at jurenh.lu.se> ****
*               "Oh bury me thar! With my battered git-tar!              *
**************       A-screamin' my heart out fer yew!"      *************