Digest 854

TKlein28@aol.com TKlein28 at aol.com
Wed Nov 22 19:12:55 CET 1995

DON:
     Thanks for the continued notes on your trip. I sympathize with your
reluctance to do sketches, since you can't do them quickly. I've never
understood the willingness of some artists to sit for hours at a convention
and do sketches on commission -- when I go to something like that, I consider
it TIME OFF! Luckily, no one bothers me for sketches once I've told them that
I'm not an artist. The only solution you might consider is to come up with a
very simple icon that you could do with a few lines and add to your signature
for those who ask for a sketch. For instance, and speaking of ducks, I once
bought a daily strip from "Howard the Duck"  by Gene Colan, and to his
signature he added a simple sketch of Howard's cigar -- sort of like the
"remarque" that artists add to their prints these days (for extra money, of
course).