David & Frank in digest #860.

Harry Fluks fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Wed Nov 29 09:39:54 CET 1995

DAVID:
> 	Barks did use Ludwig once in a one-page U$ gag, which
> validates his existence in the Barks universe.

I don't agree. The editor probably asked Barks to put LvD in there.
Barks also used Brer Fox, Zeke Wolf, Dumbo, Morty & Ferdie, Gus & Jaq, and
Mickey and Goofy. But these characters are certainly not existent
in what I consider the Barks universe.

FRANK:
> I've bought a few "Mickey and Friends" [..]
> I tried to look up the story
> codes in the database through Per's WWW search form but didn't find
> any.

This can be for two reasons:
- the stories are very new, so not yet in the database;
- the codes should be typed in in a strict format (e.g. capital D, space,
  5 digits). If a space is added or missing, the code will not be found.
  (We are working on improving this.)

> If I may forward a suggestion, I'd like the database to be also
> available as a big single-file archive (tar, zip or whatever you
> like).

If Per put the files on ftp like he did last time, there should be a
subdirectory 'zip' (pub/comics/disney/index/zip) with the entire database
in zipped files (not one, but 13 files). This would at least save you
the trouble of browsing through various directories.

And Thanks, Frank, for your elaborate notes on Italian Disney comics. I hope
to be able to use WWW soon, so I can have a look at your 'footnotes'...

--Harry.