CBL again

David A Gerstein David.A.Gerstein at williams.edu
Tue Oct 10 02:55:22 CET 1995

	Whoops -- I didn't make it clear in the most recent Digest,
that I only SUSPECT that "political incorrectness" is why Disney
didn't let Gladstone keep printing the CBL.  But then again, Disney
might have revoked the license just because of their management's
drive to get all publications in-house... the same drive that led to
Disney Comics Inc.
	Of course, Disney never published its own edition of the CBL
or anything remotely like that.
	I also believe, although again, I don't have proof, that in
the pre-Michael Eisner days Disney told Gladstone it would be able to
keep the CBL in print perpetually.  Once Disney decided it wanted to
do its own publishing under Eisner, though, old agreements were simply
treated as invalid... >sigh<

	David Gerstein
	<96dag at williams.edu>
	"Have a chestnut, boys! ... OW!"