Disney-comics digest #820.

David A Gerstein David.A.Gerstein at williams.edu
Fri Oct 20 16:01:30 CET 1995

	DANIEL:
	I read the story about Scrooge's "death," and while I found it
to certainly be original and have some good artwork, I didn't really
find it to be one I wanted to translate.  Like so many Gulbrannsson
stories, I found the characters' motivations inexplicable at times.
If Dwight, Don Markstein, or anyone else wants to do this story for
Gladstone, I'm not out to claim it first.
	I will mention, however, that I LOVE Gulbrannsson's art.  I
just wish that he worked from better scripts.  I have yet to read a
Gulbrannsson story which I feel, plot-wise, is good enough for
American printing.

	DWIGHT:
"The implied rule seems to be that a Duck can leave the top
_or_ the bottom bare and retain his modesty, but to leave
_both_ bare at the same time is nakedness. It's absurd when
you think about it, but in the context of the comics, it
seems to be sort of reasonable."
	IMPLIED rule?  You mean MANDATORY rule!  It's Disney who has
decreed that in new stories, the ducks shouldn't have both halves
visible at once...

	David Gerstein
	<96dag at williams.edu>