$crooge junk

Cdoberman@aol.com Cdoberman at aol.com
Fri Oct 27 01:19:57 CET 1995

Dear folks:

I just got my Walt Disney catalog of merchancrap (expensive stuff,
merchancrap), and in it they were selling an Uncle $crooge watch and clock,
which each displayed a picture of Ludwig Von Drake dressed up as Uncle
$crooge.  It was really strange.

They also included Uncle $crooge's first cent (????).  It's a silver penny
with $crooge (not Von Drake) on one side and the Roman Mint on the back
(price:  $55 -- I think it's expensive because it comes in a box).  And
there's a gold version for about $245.  Why anyone would need this is beyond
me.  Reminds me strangely of the Money Pit -- collectors.  I'd rather have a
good old Barks story any day.  Heck, I'd rather have a Block and Fernandez
story.

-- Wes

"But, Mickey!  It's SUICIDE!  We'll be KILLED!  How'll we ever land without
wheels?" -- Captain Doberman