Digests 826-829

TKlein28@aol.com TKlein28 at aol.com
Sun Oct 29 14:54:24 CET 1995

BJORN-ARE:

One last word on American stoneworks: the main problem at Mystery Hill was a
former owner who tried to make it look more like Stonehenge by moving some of
the stones, and playing amateur archaeologist without using the proper
scientific methods, but the stoneworks themselves are quite impressive, and
could hardly be accidental. I can't say I was convinced of the European
connection completely, but there is a lot of interesting evidence, and it's
something to consider.
Thanks for the kind words about Sandman. There are lots of areas about Neil
and his works on the internet -- try the following to get started:
http://joffre.newcastle.edu.au/sandman.html
I also liked the use of Chesterton, though I've only read his "The Three
Imposters".

ARTHUR: those fanzine appearances were the place where I first got to know
and appreciate the work of Don Rosa. I still remember clearly some of the
great gag pictures that went with them, like the one of Spock and Kirk from
Star Trek emerging from a time warp to 1930's USA to buy copies of Walt
Disney's Comics and Stories #1 from a newsstand, armed with their current
Comics Price Guide, showing it's value as some umptagillion-sized amount.

ALL:

It's great to hear how well appreciated Don is in Europe. Too bad his home
country is so far behind...