Pockets - Life of Scrooge #11

Arthur_de_Wolf wolfman at pi.net
Fri Sep 8 04:03:40 CEST 1995

Hi!

HARRY about Dutch pockets:
> The translations are quite bad.

Quite bad?!? They're *awfull*. I'm not a big fan of those pockets,
and I don't buy them anymore, but recently I bought one from
the third series, and the dialogues are in 'telegram'-style! They're
just a bunch of words in incorrect sentences. I even think that
we can't talk about sentences here! It's very hard stuff to read,
when you're constantly seeing 'sentences' that contain only three or
four words!

DON:
> We should NOT inconvenience ourselves by changing our name or find
> odd ways to misspell it.

You're right! I agree.

HARRY again:
> The new Dutch Donald Duck Extra was in the shops yesterday, containing
> Don's Life of Scrooge chapter 11!

I read it. And again, it was great. I only think that everything happens
so fast in this chapter! On two pages, Scrooge visits over ten countries!
And Scrooge is getting really mean in Africa! I never thought he
was capable of doing such things! But I liked it a lot anyway.
All the links to Barks' stories! There sure are a lot of them. The
scene with the Titanic was also great! The Dutch windmills are ...
strange though. I have never seen them before, but I guess they had them
some time ago!

--Arthur.