Tulips, wind mills and stuff

H.W. Fluks fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Fri Sep 8 20:09:17 CEST 1995

DON:
> The Gilded Man gag seemed "forced" to you? Hey -- if that's the only
> gag or reference in that chapter, much less all 12 chapters, that seemed
> "forced", then I have done a far better job than I ever dreamed!

I didn't say that! 8-) At least the reference to the square eggs was also
"forced" (you explained it was the editor who asked for that).
The rest of the references are necessary. Maybe not for the stories themselves,
but for the principle of having used every reference to Scrooge's past
from every Barks story (except miss Penny Wise).

> What "Dutch comics newsgroup"? Where is it?

It's not a newsgroup, but a mailing list
(subscriptions: strip-list-request at cwi.nl).
The language used is Dutch. We sometimes talk about ducks, but most
of the times about other (Belgian/French/Dutch) comic books.

ARHUR/DANIEL:

I don't think wind mills like Don drew in Lo$ 11 have ever been built in
Holland (well, maybe in the 15th century, but Scrooge wasn't there at the time).
Maybe the mills are southern European? I don't know.
But we must admit: Don's tulips in the same panel were quite accurate! 8-)

--Harry.