Celestial Arts and birthdays

Daniel van Eijmeren daniel at maisie.ow.nl
Mon Sep 11 02:05:29 CEST 1995

JORGEN:

Thanks for telling me about the contents of the Celestial Arts book
"Uncle Scrooge - His Life and Times".

I guess that the "new art" of "Land Beneath the Ground" is some of
the material that survived after being cut away from the story.

I think that this restored version of the story is the same as the
one in the CBL.

PETER:

Here is my list with first appearances of Barks-characters. It's also
in digest #756, but it's less complete there.

This list is part of a lot of other lists I sent to the club. Maybe
they can be put on the ftp-side one day? (But then I first have to
double-check them if they are complete.)

You'll have to find out yourself what the publishing dates were of
the mentioned comics, I can only tell you the month and the year.

FIRST APPEAREANCES OF BARKS-CHARACTERS:

Neighbour Jones               WDC  34  <good deeds>
Gladstone Gander              WDC  88  <bets>
Junior Woodchucks             WDC 125  <frostbite pass>
Beagle Boys                   WDC 134  <automatic cannon>
Money bin                     WDC 135  <new money bin>
Gyro Gearloose                WDC 140  <gladstone's dime>
April, May and June           WDC 149  <flipism>
Official Woodchuck hound      WDC 213  <spring house cleaning>
John D. Rockerduck            WDC 255  "Boat Buster"
Scrooge McDuck                OS 178a  "Christmas on Bear Mountain"
Scrooge's money-swimming      US 386a  "Only a Poor Old Man"
Scrooge's first dime          OS 495b  <watertank money-bin>
Scrooge's "worry room"        US  5a   <secret of atlantis>
Junior Woodchucks guide book  US  5a   <secret of atlantis>
Gyro's little helper          US 15g   <cat-language>
Flintheart Glomgold           US 15a   "The Second Richest Duck"
Magica the Spell              US 36a   "The Midas Touch"
Miss Quackfaster              US 36a   "The Midas Touch"
Pig-villian (varying names)   ??????   ???????

In US 6a <valley of trala-la> the Junior Woodchuck's guide book is
called by name for the first time. The first appearance of April, May
and June was without their names mentioned. Miss Quackfaster was
called by name for the first time in US 39 (so it can be discussed if
it's her in US 36).

Greetings,

--- Daniel