Intro - Darkest Africa - The Cube

georges helm guest at pt.lu
Tue Sep 19 11:05:15 CEST 1995

Hi everybody,

INTRO:

Please let me introduce myself shortly. I am 40 and living in Luxembourg.
Somewhere in 1980 I found some German second hand comics with Barks stories
in them, and all of a sudden I remembered the ..good.. stories I read as a
youth.
>From then on, I didn't stop trying to get all of the Barks stories
available, in German first, in French, Dutch and finally the CBL.

Some days ago I found the disney-comics-digest and I am glad I found it.
DARKEST AFRICA:

Arthur:
You mentioned the JdM edition of DA. In 1990 I got a color xerox from the
editors of JdM of their Darkest Africa which has been published in the fifties.
Is this the edition you have? Or is it a newer reprint?

THE CUBE:

Only one Barks story (FC 1184/3) has been translated in Luxembourgish, it
has been published  some years ago in a Luxembourgish youth magazine called
Zack. Gyro Gearloose has been given the Luxembourgish name of Daniel
Liichtbléck. They didn't ask for help! No alliteration in the name! And a
miserable translation the whole story long.

Georges (georges.helm at comnet.eo.lu, geohelm at pt.lu)