Italians

H.W. Fluks fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Tue Sep 19 16:08:05 CEST 1995

FRANK:
> how do people in Europe normally get
> these [Gladstone] comics? Your local shop imports them?

Yes, the bigger comic shops have a stock of Gladstone comics. The smaller
ones will be happy to order a comic or album for you from Gladstone.
At least, that's the Dutch situation.

> You go to the U.S. from time to time?

Well, I also did that. But in fact, in the U.S., Gladstone or Disney comics
are HARDER to find than in Europe! (And more expensive, if you want back
issues.)

> Your advice on reading more Danish and Dutch stuff is very
> sound-- however my ignorance prevents me from going for the
> originals. Any suggestions for reasonable translations?

The British Mickey comic printed some of the newer Rota stories. David
Gerstein made an index of the issues he has. This index is in our
Database (available on ftp or WWW), or you could ask David or me about it.
Also, for the *good* Dutch and Danish stuff, try Gladstone comics. They
reprinted the best stories (and sometimes also others...).
If you want a list of stories by Rota or Ferioli (or whoever), with all
known reprints: look in the Disney comics Database, or ask me.

--x--

On some completely different subject:
I re-read Romano Scarpa's "Tapiocus" story, last week.
One funny thing: Pete wears two shoes, but when he is in his underwear,
he appears to still have his wooden leg! Scarpa has read his Gottfredson
very thorougly!

--Harry.