Disney-comics digest #791.

David A Gerstein David.A.Gerstein at williams.edu
Thu Sep 21 03:39:56 CEST 1995

	GEORGES:
	The long-nosed villain named Schnauz in German is named
Catfoot (or, in more recent stories, Weasel) in English, so the
multi-part stories you remember were probably the Paul Murry serials
featured, originally, in WALT DISNEY'S COMICS AND STORIES in the 1950s
and 1960s (written, most of the time, by Carl Fallberg).
	Many Egmont stories have continued to use Catfoot, as have the
French "James Goof" stories (and maybe some others).  Originally
Pete's completely generic assistant, the character was played in
France as Pete's long-suffering foil.  I actually consider these
stories to be the best use of this character!
	Some of the better Murry serials were reprinted by Gladstone
in WDC&S 511-547 and by Disney in WDC&S 564-566.  I'm not sure which
ones had Catfoot in them, though... there's also a French James Goof
story (the first one) in American GOOFY ADVS. 9, with a very good
translation and a good part for Catfoot.
	Hope this helps!

	David Gerstein
	<96dag at williams.edu>