new Donald Duck Adventures

RHODE@email.afip.osd.mil RHODE at email.afip.osd.mil
Thu Sep 21 16:05:12 CEST 1995

Hello all,

The new Donald Duck Adventures is out in the States.  I don't have it hear
at work, but it's drawn by Pat Block.  The story is that Scrooge doesn't
want to pay for Halloween candy.  (That may need a reference point for the
rest of the world - on Oct 31, children in America dress in costumes and go
door-to-door in neighborhoods asking for a trick or treat - usually candy).
Scrooge has just built a new moneybin (?) and feels that he'll get lots of
visitors.  He hires Sharkey the lawyer to buy up all the candy in town
while he's vacationing with Grandma Duck.  Sharkey proceeds to bankrupt him
and it's up to Witch Hazel to save him.  An OK story - notwithstanding our
talented translators on the list, it's nice to see some American artists
following Don's lead and making some American Duck stories again.

Mike Rhode