Halloween (Re: digest #793)

H.W. Fluks fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Mon Sep 25 17:46:45 CET 1995

Mike:

> it's nice to see SOME
> interest among American comic creators in working with them.  I think it
> can affect the story though - since Halloween, as far as I know, is ONLY
> an American holiday, I doubt if any European stories would use it.

That's a good point. The few Halloween stories Barks made were changed into
"Carnival" stories in Holland. Except "Trick or Treat", which had an
explanation on the letters page of the comic: "Every year they have a
celebration in Duckburg and in whole America...". "Trick or Treat" was
first published in Holland in February/March, so for some years I thought
Halloween was an American alternative for our Easter feasts or so.

--Harry.