John's lists

Daniel van Eijmeren daniel at maisie.ow.nl
Wed Sep 27 11:18:37 CET 1995

JOHN:

> This is the third time I've sent this. For some reason it doesn't
> seem to be getting through to the mailing list.

Well actually, it's the third time that your list *is* published
here. Sometimes you can get your mail back with something like: "This
message could not be received by..." But that means that only one
(or a few) members didn't receive your message. (The reason why they
didn't receive it could be that they don't have email-access anymore
or that there were troubles with your message along the way.)

So, you *don't* need to resend your message if you get a bounce. You
can see that your message came through, by looking if your message is
send back by "Disney-Comics" (like it sends someone else's posting
to you that is send to the club).

BTW. The people who receive digests, of course *don't* get their mail
back as being published from "Disney-Comics". They'll have to wait for
the digest to see if it came through.

(But it also sometimes occurs that a message is missing from a
digest, while it indeed was published that day. Then you also *don't*
need to resend your message, just tell "Disney-Comics-Request" that
it was missing and then it will be in the next digest.)

Eh... Are you still there? ;-)

Greetings,

--- Daniel