Disney-comics digest #799.

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Fri Sep 29 05:10:00 CET 1995

DIGEST #800!!!

GREGER:
        Thanks for popping up just now so that I can welcome a special
friend and fellow NAFS(k) member to the group in this 800th edition.

MIKE:
        Hadn't I mentioned the date change for my visit to Helsinki? Right,
it will be Nov. 9-13 now. And also thanks for those translations. I'm amazed
they touted that ancient "Mythological Menagerie" story like that. It was my
first DD 10-pager and looks it. They're using it again in the new WDC&S #600
and I would have begged to redraw it for them, but then that would have
defeated the purpose of the issue, I s'pose. (Wince)

LUTZ:
        Yes, 28-pagers can be used by Gladstone and in the German albums...
and of course by other non-Egmont companies. But the idea to keep in mind is
that Egmont is arranging work and using a budget for its OWN branches, so
Gladstone's use of the story or other companies' useage would not make a
28-pager seem "worthwhile" in their bookkeeping. Even Ehapa's use in the
German albums doesn't figure into their equation, somehow, being a different
division from the comic publishers. That's why, as much as I'd love to do
nothing BUT long stories, I need to realize these stories are just not of
much use by my "immediate" employer.

JACOB:
        I'll probably realize the answer to this as soon as I log off... but
what is BFC? The Swedish Egmont album publisher?