Disney-comics digest #798.

Mike Pohjola mikep at freenet.hut.fi
Fri Sep 29 17:08:47 CET 1995

DON:
	I've read the first part of "The Incredible Shrinking Tightwad".
Didn't find the D.U.C.K. but I trust it should've been in one of the plagues.
I won't waste your time saying it was great (which it was (now I wasted your
time)) but some questions I might have: A nu-clear-shrinker?-o Used to shrink
weather satellites?! Not very 1955 imho. Nor very scientific. Nor very Scrooge.
Unless the idea of the shrinker was based on an old Barks story, I can't figure
up why would he want to shrink satellites for. And what were the things in his
storage? The ball of string from Transvaal, a saddel from the Badlands, crown
of king Midas from the snow-man, a bottle?!!, guns and pipes (an Indian
story?), a bag (should've they colour it white as in the crocodile story?),
his shoe-shine box from Scotland, a blue machine?!!, a bear-skin from the
Bear Mountain, a miniature drum (seen in Lo$#11. In what Barks story did we
see this too?), square glasses from Plain Awful, a red machine (is this the one
that gives the user the power to control minds?), a telescope coffee-cup and
a make-up donut from two strips, a sled from Klondike, a over-driven coin,
a basket once full of muscot nuts, some books with birds on the cover?!!,
did I miss something? Was this the story which you once asked ideas for? I
remember you mentioning a museum where Scrooge has memorable items. The gag
where the BB joked about HDL all looking the same was great! That's the kind of
thing I read Aku Ankka for. I also noticed you had given them hair (or was this
just the colorer's choice?). What was that toothbrush thing in there? I trust it
was because of the translation I didn't quite get it. And the final question:
How the hell are Donald and Scrooge going to get out of the money-bin?!-O

	And I have great trust in the Finnish editors and so I believe we will
_eventually_ see all of your stories. They are now publishing something that
could be called "Carl Barks Library" in Finnish and I wouldn't be surprised
to find "Don Rosa Library" in print soon... Also they publish yearly big
400-page books with Disney comics. A few years ago "The Crocodile Collector"
was published in the year's issue.

--

	Mike - The Finnish Trekkie