Greek summer specials

David Rawson Dave.Rawson at worldnet.att.net
Fri Dec 10 03:57:33 CET 1999

Georgios Balanikas wrote:

> For example I really liked the Scrooge Special. There are two stories by
> Vicar, one by J.Lusting/Branca, another by D.Rawson/Marshall....I enjoyed
> all of them .

Hello, Georgios. Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you like my
work. This "Scrooge Special" was published in Greece? It would be
wonderful to find out my stories have reached there. (Recently,
David Gerstein has let me know some have been published in India.
That, too, was fantastic.) Was there a code on my story? If not,
do you know it's title or a simple description?

>    I am not negative to the other Disney editions and I am looking for nice
> stories with interesting scripts and acceptable or sometimes wonderful art.
>    And in fact there are many of them with those characteristics.
> Another  nice recent example is the  story  D98405 which was published in
> Aku Ankka #44  (D.Rawson/Ferioli) as a 10 -page (not 32).

Ah, VACATION BRAKE where Pete and Sylvester Shyster conspire to
steal the color from fall in rural New England. Oddly, because of
changing global weather patterns that is exactly what happened
this year!

I had the privilege of chatting with Senor Ferioli a bit as we
rode together on the bus back from northern Denmark to the airport
in Kobenhavn after the Egmont conference of creators. He, too, had
kind words for my humble script. He seemed to enjoy the challenge
and said that for this story he had to learn to draw deciduous
trees with which he was previously unfamiliar.

He did an absolutely brilliant Pete for this story and the closing
panel with Mickey and Minnie's tail subtly intertwining into a
heart is classic. He understood precisely my subtext that they
enjoy a very real and lovingly mature relationship. I'm very
gratified to have had this story turn out as it did.