Summer School story

Botto Armando Armando.Botto at elsag.it
Tue Dec 14 15:53:56 CET 1999

Russell wrote:
<< I was hoping someone might be able to help identify a story. I read this
story as a kid in the late sixties (Australian series published by W.G.
Publications) and have never seen it reprinted. The storyline involved Uncle
Scrooge forcing Huey, Dewey and Louie to go to Summer School. As a result of
this extra education they became fabulous tycoons and ended up taking over
Scrooge's fortune. He was turned out into the street. It was of course only
a dream but Scrooge did relent on the Summer School notion. >>

I guess the story you're looking for is "Il ripensamento di Zio Paperone",
published in Italy in "Topolino" # 721 in September, 1969. 11 3-tiered
pages, art by Tony Strobl (probably), script by the Disney Studio Program.
The original storycode *might* be S 68135, and the original title "Higher
Education". Currently, the Inducks Database does not list any known reprint
of the S 68135 story.
I have no scanner available, unfortunately... maybe some other Italian on
this list can be so kind as to provide a scan of the story's first page, so
that you can check ?

Ciao,
Armando