SV: Gottfredson questions

bror.hellman@partena.se bror.hellman at partena.se
Tue Dec 14 16:39:31 CET 1999

> WUNDERWURM (?):
>>  By luck I got my Gottfredson edition in 1984 from a friend
>> for painful 3600 Swiss Francs - about 1900 US-$ then - ,
>> The publication indeed contains ALL Mickey
>> Mouse dailies, from Jan. 13, 1930, to Dec 31, 1955. Format is 26
>> volumes (1 per year)
>> of 30 x 21 cm (horizontal).

> I believe you're refering to the Gottfredson Portfolio.

Well, I have seen another print of the Compleat Mickey Mouse
(1930 - 1955). A limited hardcover edition published
by Nichols I think.  I saw it just once at the home of a
Swedish donaldist. I believe it was he that provided the originals
for both the Nichols edition (200 numbered copies) and the portfolio.

> Problem is: who's willing to sell?
> When I get my hands on one of those sets (that
> day...sigh), I'll never let go!

A collector in Stockholm have several copies that
could very well come out into the market inside
just a few years. ... if someone can persuade him
to let them go.

And then there's the Carl Barks (never finished)
portfolio, by the same publisher as the Mickey
Mouse portfolio...

	Steamboat Willie