DCML 29 Knut, Harry, Jorgen, and Georgios

Anders Christian Sivebaek acsive at mail.mira.dk
Thu Dec 23 14:22:38 CET 1999

Knut Hunstad

> I just have the feeling that this is the first time the D.U.C.K
appears in
> the first panel of _every_ episode of a Don Rosa story...
As Harry said, it is not. But also it's the same duck in all 3
splash-panels.
In the war of the wendigo it wasn't. they're placed in the sword, which
appaers
on every splash.

> You might take a look at todays Christmas Calender Panel at DUCKHUNT
to see
> what I mean
People actually look at our calendar (I knew you did Knut), and now
more will maybe do it!
Yeehaa.

HARRY
> The *only* other time Don did that was in the "War of the Wendigo"
story.
> And there's an occasion (Lo$ chapter 12) where D.U.C.K. is hidden
several
> times in the first *and* in the last panel of the story.
why have noone ever told me that? Thanks, Harry:-)

> (Now let's hope we will be able to speak of a "third run"...)
Oh yes, let's cross our fingers to that.

> It just illustrates the high speed everything runs at at Egmont, eh?
Yep, the all to high speed at the publisher that is a company under
Egmont.
(The comic-publisher they call themselves here)

> I agree with you that things like this might be irritating, but all
over
> I think the magazine has improved very much during the last ten
years, so
> I'm not really complaining.
well, i can't help it when i can find 15 mistakes in a mag.. but you're
right the stories
improved, the fact-pages where good in the middle of the decade. Here I
mean. They
might still be good where you live.

> That thing about the frog was a bit surprising,
> though, and it happened in Denmark as well?
Yep.

> I didn't quite get that question about references. Which references
do
> you mean?
When people here talk about a certain comic, we mention the code. They
don't
They show panels from barks-stories, and they could at least tell the
readers where
to find that story. It's come to my knowledge that they don't make the
fact-pages
themselves, and the good fact-pages (the ones that are not Duckburg
Times, which
completely takes out the Barks-panels of the context) have references
to all the panles,
in norwegian swedish and danish. Someone at the publisher must sit
there erasing those,
because they think noone wants them there, or because he/she doesn't
want them there.
What is my problem then? I know most of those panels by heart an can
find the story...
But the normal group of readers wouldn't have a chance to do that!
The issue that came out this monday had a barks-panel showing a
christmas tree on top
of one of those big wheels from Tivoli/Themeparks. They told that
Duckburgians put the
garland and stuff on the tree from that wheel. But that is not true...
the tree is on that wheel
in that story. It's a classic Barks where Scrooge have been betting
with another richduck that
he could buy a tree that is taller than the church, and it wasn't
because the richduck had help
from the Beaglæe Boys... But why should the person who wrote that look
that up?

If someone here's offended of what I just said, well, it's just my
opinion. if the readers thought
the same this poor condition of fact-pages would change. (As I find the
examples I'll tell the worst
ones here.) But anyway, I'm not a reader, I'm just a freek!

> Anyway, I won't give up. I _need_ this weekly dose of ducks and mice,
> miscolored or not :)
discoloring might also show that they don't read the stories...

JØRGEN to ARIE
> That would be in Indonesia, right? Is there mostly Dutch stuff in
your
> weeklies, or are there other things as well?
Mostly d-codes, some H-codes and a few barks-stories (WDC, the ones I
saw)

JØRGEN
>  Stefan Person:
> | BTW, have codes EVER been printed on the covers?
> Yes. Can't say it for sure without checking, but I think it started
> about two years ago. Then it stopped a few months ago.
They didn't here. they have just been printing the same code... to
teach us freeking
indexers a lesson!

BTW, are you leaving out the Kalevala for the review of the last part?

GEORGIOS
> Anders
> In the new KOMIX#139 ,the 1-2000 Special edition, there is another
lovely
> letter of you and of course the answer of the editors ,saying about
your
> visit to their offices.
Thanks for telling me this:-)