Komix #142

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Sat Apr 1 00:34:13 CEST 2000

Here's what's in this month's issue of Komix:

* Carl Barks' cover for "Donald Duck in Malayalaya", from Donald Duck Four
  Color #394. I've put a scan of the cover in
  http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis/pics/komix142.jpg.
* Don Rosa's "Donald Duck in Malayalaya", with art by Vic Lockman. This is
  the first story published by Komix that's been produced for them, and
  they wanted to start with a bang, by commissioning Don to write it.
  Unfortunately, given his busy schedule and the time frame that he was
  given, Don could only provide them with a script. Even so, Don came
  up with a fantastic story, based on Barks' cover (a la "The Crocodile
  Collector"), and Lockman's art does not detract from the story at all!
  The story is tantalizingly coded K 002.
* A two-page article titled "Backstage to a Story" and subtitled "Don Rosa
  talks about Barks, internet searches and other sources of inspiration".
* A one-page article titled "A Komix First", subtitled "All we had to do was
  ask!"
* Marco Rota's "The Great Viking Love".
* A two-page article sub-titled (actually, super-titled) "The reverse travel
  of the Vikings from Italy to Denmark... They are..." and titled "Marco
  Rota's Vikings".
* A two-page article titled "The Marco Rota Gallery", subtitled "The
  multidimensional work of a gifted artist".
* "Goofy's Sleep" (Greek title) drawn by Paul Murry and written by an unknown
  writer.
--
        Kriton  (e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
                (WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)