Gottfredson and Murry

Germund Silvegren Germund.Silvegren at mbfys.lu.se
Sun Apr 9 14:39:31 CEST 2000

>> From: Paolo Castagno <p.castagno at libero.it>
>> Shopping on eBay I found this Gottfredson(?) piece, I'm not
>> interested in it (I'm saving money in orded to be able to buy a
>> MM strip from the 30ties...) and I don't know the seller, but
>> maybe someone of you is, so this is the item link:
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemitem=302030701
>
>i don't know much about most MM artists but i do feel quite sure that it is
>NOT an art by Gottfredson, more likely by Murry??? Any confirmation?

Oh yes, this is Gottfredson. His late 60's art doesn't look a bit like
earlier years. As far as I know, Murry didn't draw any MM strips at all
after 1945/46.

I'm also currently working on a Paul Murry website which will contain a
history of his work and plenty of illustrations. There are hardly any facts
or images yet but anybody with rare Murry material or who wants to
contribute in any way is welcome to contact me.
/germund