Barks on stamps

Michael Rhode mrhode at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 28 21:27:19 CEST 2000

I imagine it's still available somewhere as Guyana "publishes" these to
raise money, not to mail w/.  The company that had the Disney stamps license
lost it and the story seems somewhat similar to the comics license.  See
http://www.linns.com/print/archives/19990531/news1.asp for the story; a
followup at http://www.linns.com/print/archives/19991129/news2.asp implies
that a supply still exists.  Unlike in comics, unauthorized stamps are
appearing - see http://www.disnemation.cjb.net/ about 3/4 of the way down
the page.  Also on this site is a under "stories" is  an explanation of more
Carl Barks on stamps - for Donald's 50th birthday, WDC&S and DD covers were
reproduced.

See http://www.stampsites.com/ for a search engine to find a dealer near you
although they're probably still available from IGPC.

Mike
----------------
>From: "Michael Rhode" <mrhode at hotmail.com>
>I don't remember us talking about this at the time, but on October 15,
1998,
>Guyana published Christmas on Bear Mountain as a set of sheets of stamps.
>An article on it, with pictures is at:
>
>http://www.linns.com/print/archives/19981116/news3.asp
Hi,
is it still available for sale somewhere else? And at what price?

Thanks in advance,
Arie Fachrisal