ranting and other stuff

Tarjei Kidd Olsen tarj123 at online.no
Sun Aug 13 19:00:48 CEST 2000

Hey Everyone!
             Tarjei from Norway here... I posted occasionally to this list from '97-'99 and now I'm back after a year of study-related absence :)

Jakob Soederbaum said:
> In last week's Kalle Anka & C:o appeared something I'd >least expected: a "Don Rosa school scheme" (or shall it be >translated callendar?). It's four pages of new Rosa-art (the

Like usual the Norwegian Donald Duck & Co had the same school calendar. But I was disappointed that it was printed on the normal comic-paper, and not on thin cardboard! This would have made the calendar a better item to save or hang on the wall. *sigh*
Liked the calendar though!

John Garvin:

>Don't ask us [Americans -Ed.] to watch what we say.  If >anyone is offended by what I say, that is your problem, not >mine.  Offence is taken by the listener, not given by the >speaker, all
> questions of intent aside.

This sounds like an excuse for people to spout exactly what they feel like spouting with complete diregard for possible consequences, like misunderstandings, unecessary offence erupting into tiring, unecessary and unpleasant arguments etc.
These kind of discussions would be better suited for something like IMDB's "Soapbox" forum for rants that other forums don't want.

Not that I'm saying I completely disagree with you. I'm also bored by a lot of the goings on here (though no doubt interesting for others), and discussions like the one between Don and Daniel are of course interesting. But that doesn't give anyone the right to bog down this list with comments made by "feisty Americans" (or anyone else) who insists on not worrying about who they might offend.
I'd like to comment that I haven't seen anything to this effect during the particular discussion, and let's keep it that way! :)

>And PLEASE do not start saying
> IMO or IMHO, please.  I KNOW it is your opinion.  Anything >you say or write is your opinion.  EVEN if you think you are >writing pure fact, more often that not, it is still just >your opinion.  You don't need to remind me of that at the >beginning of every paragraph.

Of course, not everyone knows its whoever's opinion. A lot of people will subconciously take what they read as fact (otherwise, why can the box-office fate of movies often be decided by the "opinions" of movie-reviewers? Because the readers consider it more fact than opinion.
IMO ;p

> From: "L.B. Coutu" <gurgi31 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: American Disney Comics

I'd also like an update, Gladstone/Gary?

John Garvin (again!) said:

> I checked out the "rules" for the list and could not find >information on the
> acceptability of commercial transactions on this list, >though from the
> apologetic nature of the last two I've seen, I'm guessing >it's not approved
> of.

I seem to remember someone on this list once set up a place for people to trade/sell disney comics?
Whatever happened to that?

Of course, Ebay is a pretty good place for comics too...

Kriton wrote:

> I think that when this story gets published, we should all write the
> publishers a letter, commending Don on his correct rendition of the
> Panamanian soldiers' uniforms!

lol :)
Good idea
This reminds me of something I'm wondering about. Why hasn't Norway printed that new Don Rosa story with The Three Caballeros (or something)?

Alright, that enough of my inconsiderate ranting and raving!

/Tarjei
tarj123 at online.no

Denne eposten er sendt ved hjelp av http://www.Organizer.net
- Norges ledende webbaserte kommunikasjonsløsning.