Best Barks story?

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Mon Aug 14 16:02:04 CEST 2000

Eirik:

> "What is Carl Barks own favourite story?"
> I think he once said
> that he particularly liked "Lost in the Andes"?

Yes, he mentioned that story on several occasions.

In a more recent (relatively speaking) interview with Barks and Gottfredson,
both were asked about their favourite story. Gottfredson answered "Island in
the Sky", a Gottfredson story from the 30s. Then when Barks was asked, he
also said "Island in the Sky" - one of his later Scrooge stories.

I *think* Barks said that because of the coincidence that two stories have
the same title. Though I can imagine that Barks has more than one
"favourite" story. After all, what would a mother answer if you ask her
which of her children is her favourite?

--Harry.