DCML digest, Vol 1 #232 - 17 msgs

JALustig@aol.com JALustig at aol.com
Sun Aug 20 22:23:25 CEST 2000

Ola:

<<I just wanted to mention a funny coincidence concerning Mr John Lustig.
In Sweden the three little pigs are called Bror Duktig (Practical Pig)
Bror Hurtig (the one with the flat hat) and Bror Lustig (the one with
the small white kinda round on the top hat). Bror Lustig would translate
to Brother Funny approximately. (If anyone has a better translation
please tell us about it.)
Now I'm not trying to poke fun of you John, just pointing out an amusing
Disney relation that you maybe didn't know about.

A few years ago, my wife was rather enamored with the idea of getting one of
those little pigs (a potbellied pig?) as a pet. It wasn't practical and we
never did get one. But now I guess I can tell her that she got her little pig
after all-- me. Hmm, well I guess there are worse animals to have my name
associated with.

Actually, Egmont or one of it's associate publishers (Ehapa) puts out a
digest with the word Lustiges in the title. I'm told that Lustig means
funny/happy/joy of life in German and other Germanic languages. I've always
thought that was a pretty nice association...especially since I write humor.

--John