Suppressed desire and panic (WDC 198)

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Wed Dec 6 16:42:21 CET 2000

Daniël wrote:

> BTW. What I find interesting about the knight story is that Barks
> shows what I've heard before, namely that people in panic do not
> remember how a door works when it opens inward. Not being able
> to think anymore, because of their panic, they start pushing the
> door and so they "lock" it with their own strength.

As some people probably know, in the USA all doors in public buildings must
open to the outside. The USA had a law about that after many people died in
a burning hotel, because they couldn't leave through the door. This was
somewhere in the 1920s, I think.

In Europe (or at least the part I'm familiar with), most doors still open to
the inside.

--Harry.