Story from Barks, Strobl AND Jippes

Henri Kunne HJC.Kunne at net.HCC.nl
Tue Feb 22 22:20:01 CET 2000

Hi, all,
I want to raise a find-a-story question. In the Netherlands, issue
102 of "De beste verhalen van [ The Best Stories of ] Donald Duck"
is out today, containing two long Barks stories. The second is
by Barks alone, US FC 386 1, with the fanous quote "Well, I'll
admit - it's a TRICK!" The first, however, has been written by
Barks only. Page 2 is giving nice information. The issue is
reprinting a Jippes version, not the original Strobl panels.
Jippes' drawing style is more like Barks', page 2 says. True,
but first, I think Strobl is living a bit *too* much in Barks'(and
Rosa's)shadow nowadays, and second, I'd like to compare
both versions. Page 2 presents us a black-and-white
reproduction of the Gold Key comic containing the Strobl story.
No issue number is to be seen, but it has the title of the story:
"Donald Duck, Officer for a Day ". Guess that original must be
paid with gold now, but does anybody know about some
reprint? Any translation is welcome, too.
    Can anybody help?

Greetings,
Henri Kunne