Gladstone version of Scarpa's "Lentils from Babylon"

Hans Kiesl hans.kiesl at sowi.uni-bamberg.de
Tue Jan 25 18:42:13 CET 2000

By chance, I discovered the following minor art changes in the
Gladstone publication of Romano Scarpa's "Lentils from Babylon". I
hope this has not already been discussed before.

Scarpa's drawings of the people of a fictitious far-away
country (as originally printed in 1960) were obviously not regarded
as politically correct 35 years later, when the story was to be
published in the United States. Some minor "adjustments" were made
(by Scarpa himself? by Gladstone's art department?).

Have a look at the scans:
http://members.xoom.com/1729/scarpa/lentils.htm

-Hans-