re DD one pager

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at research.kpn.com
Fri Jan 28 17:26:56 CET 2000

Nils quoted:

> Michael Naiman asks where to find this:
> <<Donald is in a car, has an accident, takes a scooter out of
> the trunk,
> has another accident, takes skates out of scooter and proceeds to run
> into a phone booth (?)>>

and asked:

> I suppose there is no well-working
> easy-to-use Taliaferro index around, with key words and so on?

The only search facilities we currently have are plain text searches in very
big files. I did that just now, and it worked!

The gag, I think, is the sunday newspaper gag from July 12, 1942. Reprinted
in WDC 27 (1942, title: "Keep 'Em Rolling") *and* WDC 61 (1945)! Known
European reprints:

de/61-06 (Reifenpannen am laufenden Band)
de/77-30 (Auto/Motorroller/Einrad/Rollschuh)
dk/AA77-27 (kører videre!)
nl/84-46
se/77-26 (Förföljd av otur)
se/93-24
se/KADAG

(The German "Auto" was the keyword that took me to the right place.)

--Harry.
http://here.is/inducks