Scarpa and Lady Pig

Eta Beta eega at supereva.it
Sun Jun 4 15:05:34 CEST 2000

MARK

>Today as much as I appreciate Barks' work, I have a special love for those
>long Italian duck stories. I'd love to hear from you Romano Scarpa fans out
>there. Here's to a brimming bowl of lentils (from Babylon)!

And a big welcome to you, mate, along with a cordial invitation to
visit my page about Romano Scarpa, "The Last Balaboo", at

http://members.xoom.com/eega/scarpa/balaboo.html

To old fans that possibly lost hope of ever seeing that page updated,
please be patient a little while more... a *massive* update is on
its way, but I need to relocate to a new host, and my scanner passed
away, both problems that are currently keeping me "stalled"...

Also, Mark, you can still check a Scarpa story in English, "The Case
of the Soccer Tickets" at

http://www9.50megs.com/xaridian/Index.html

courtesy of the "Phantom Blot"  :-)

UGO

>I looked at the cover on Eta's page, both the art and the word joke are very
>funny indeed.
>But it's just a cover, what did you mean by "as the article explains"? Which
>article? What's explained?

Nothing. Rather, questions are posed... :-)

The text piece is short enough to be partially reported here, the first
part is only a description of the image (which is shown in a nice largish
format), and the final part is what might be of interest...

title: The Inexplicable Pig

"Covers to MMM didn't always portray Mickey or Donald, but they
wouldn't show generic farm animals, either. So, back to the point
or LACK of a point to the cover gag. If it was one of the Three
Little Pigs, why did he dress up like a girl ? If it's a girl-pig,
well, why is she there AT ALL - and especially with the "S" on
"Swimmin'" gone ? Did she "X" it out ? And, if so, why ? Even
the frog seem to wonder."

Cheers

Eta Beta