New Italian Edition of Lo$

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Fri Jun 9 18:34:21 CEST 2000

Apostolis Trikourakis:

> "Last Sled [to] Dawson" as a Lo$ chapter? I don't thin[k] so.

In this case, it's up to the editors to decide how they advertise a story.
This Dawson story was also in the Lo$ album series in Holland, so Italy is
not the only one...

Don did not intend the Dawson story to be part of Lo$ (he couldn't at the
time he wrote that story, since that's years before Lo$ existed). But he
didn't intend "Of Ducks and Dimes and Destinies" to be part of Lo$ either.
Still, most people refer to that story as being "chapter 0".

> Both stories take place not in the past
> but in our days (or, as Don says "In 1967").

Not 1967. Some important character would be dead by 1967, in Don's vision of
the Duck world.

BTW, the Cutty Sark story, and other "extra life of Scrooge chapters", are
also taking place in the present (1957 or so), with (rather large)
flash-backs.

> Do you understand now, Armando?

This sounds very patronising.
Do - you - understand - what - I'm - saying, - Apostolis?

--Harry.