DCML digest, Vol 1 #178 - 7 msgs

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Fri Jun 16 09:07:35 CEST 2000

DON:

> These are USED comic books.
> *Half* cover price! I'm a fair guy.

Let's see then: Let us assume that you have some absurdly high number
of comic books, like 100,000. At an (arbitrarily chosen) average of 50
cents per issue this gives us $50,000, and at half price, this gives
us $25,000, which sounds pretty affordable. It seems to me that if you
ever decide to sell, the biggest problem will not be finding people who
can afford your price, but paying the lawyer who will make the iron-clad
contract that forbids the splitting of the collection in perpetuity.

This is just an intellectual exercise, of course, as I'd be surprised
if you ever sold your collection.

APOSTOLIS/OYVIND:

> About new issues: Hmm...It's quite difficult to find them. There is no a
> specific store for Komix magazine. Maybe some other DCML greek member will
> know.
> About other disney magazines: Well, I don't know. Unfortunately, there is no
> place selling "Mickey Mouse" or "Donald Duck" issues.

*New* issues, are extremely easy to find. Just go to any kiosk or other
store selling newspapers and ask for them. *Old* issues can be found in a
couple of places, including the used book stores in the Monastiraki area,
at the foot of the Acropolis. Visiting them is a very small side trip from
your visit to the Agora, which I assume will be part of your schedule.

As for used comic book prices, relatively recent issues are not that
expensive (about 100 drs for an issue of Mickey Mouse, and about 300
drs. for an issue of Klasika, if I remember correctly). Komix is another
matter. Recent issues (which can be ordered as back issues from the
publisher, anyway) cost a couple hundred drs less than what you'll pay
if you order them from the publisher. Older issues, of both Komix and
other comic books, assuming you can find them, which is not always easy,
are quite expensive.
--
	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)