Indian Disney Comics

Chuck Munson chuckm_1962 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 28 18:45:56 CEST 2000

Hi all,

A little while back, in a rare free moment, I obtained
the address for subscriptions to the Indian Egmont
English-language Disney comics from list member Jan
Follak (thanks again Jan!).  I sent off a letter
inquiring about the availability of subs to the US,
explaining that India seemed to be the only country
left producing Disney comics in English.  Yesterday I
received a pithy two sentence reply from Samantha
Sawlani, a customer service executive at Indian
Express Egmont Publications:

"Thank you very much for showing interest in our
publications.  You seem to be a crazy [crazy?? - I
sincerely hope she meant avid or loyal - Chuck] reader
of Disney comics but I'm really sorry to inform you
that it would not be possible for us to have a
subscriber in U.S.A.

Best Regards,
Samantha Sawlani"

I suspected that this might be the case, but it was
still disappointing to see it confirmed in print.
Comments, anyone?

By the way, the envelope noted an e-mail address:
www.ieegmont.com and the page was blank except for a
note that it was under construction and to please
bookmark it for later.  I don't know, perhaps if they
were to be bombarded with a potentially lucrative
number of subscription requests from other "crazy"
readers they might consider foreign subs????  Again,
comments, anyone?

Take care,
Chuck Munson